Instructor: Dr. Robyn Kutka
While hot flashes remain a top concern for menopausal women there are as many as 30+ less obvious manifestations of menopause that can affect a woman’s quality of life. From insomnia and joint pain to irritability, weight gain and anxiety, it is clear that it is no longer enough for a practitioner to assume that treatment for hot flashes will suffice. There ARE solutions that not only address symptoms but also restore foundational health so that aging can be vital, vibrant and invigorating. This presentation will equip Functional Medicine Practitioners with advanced tools for expert optimization of adrenal, hormonal and neurotransmitter imbalances. Bring your menopausal patients foundational health solutions that will last a lifetime.
In the United States, there are 11,000 Americans turning fifty every day. By 2020, 40% of the US population will be sixty years old. As the baby boomer population passes through mid-life and beyond, an unprecedented 6,000+ women are estimated to reach menopause every day in the U.S.
Components covered include:
Hormone Replacement Therapy, BHRT, Cortisol, DHEA, Hypoadrenalism, Hormone Modulation, Estadiol, Estriol, FSH, Progesterone, LH, Testosterone, SHBG, Aromatization, Neurotransmitter connections to hormone imbalances, HOMA
Key Learning Objectives:
– Understand the demographic gravity of the menopausal population and familiarize yourself with the most commonly associated conditions
– Learn the history of hormone replacement therapy in the United States
– Become knowledgeable of the adrenal, hormonal and neuroendocrine imbalances which lead to physiologic changes associated with these top concerns of menopause
– Deepen your skills in the evaluation and testing for women in the Menopausal transition
– Identify adrenal dysfunction, metabolic syndrome and neurotransmitter imbalances precisely so that defined treatment plans can be generated
– Deepen your acumen with clinical pearls
– Obtain treatment protocols which address these conditions utilizing natural therapies: bio identical hormones, neurotransmitter nutrients, botanical medicine, nutrition and lifestyle programs.
Dr. Robyn Kutka
Dr. Robyn Kutka is a naturopathic physician with a degree from the National College of Natural Medicine (NUNM) in Portland, Oregon. She maintains a thriving practice in Tualatin OR where she works with her patients to develop individualized treatment approaches that aim to address the cause of their concerns and exceed their healthcare goals. Hormone balancing is a cornerstone of her private practice. A leader in the field, she has viewed and interpreted over 30,000 hormone panel results and has previously served as the Director of Clinical Services and Lead Staff Physician at Labrix Clinical Services. She is an educational resource for providers across the world on the topic of hormone balancing and bioidentical hormones and has shared her knowledge by speaking for organizations including the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine, the Association for the Advancement of Restorative Medicine and the Integrative Healthcare Symposium.